Register

Thread - Other Chess Sites

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 18 May 2008

Posted By:
Chunga

Other Chess Sites

I have been exploring a little on the web while waiting for my opponents on COTW to move .What I have found has been quite a revelation. I have actually joined a couple of other sites as well. The sites I have visited have been a marked contrast to this site. The clutter is overwhelming, as are the ads. Limited membership. Fees. On one site, the board was about half the screen size, the rest of the screen taken up with ads, one of which was a very prominent section of animation showing a fellow bashing his head against a brick wall. How is one to concentrate on moves with this kind of distraction.

So to the obvious point, my friends. Dispite the suggestions that are made for the improvement of our site here, we have the most uncluttered, easy to navigate and comfortable site with all we want at our fingertips. All without the unnecessary bells and whistles. And all for free. A truly great credit to our founder, Stoney. I thank and salute you.
#2 - 19 May 2008

Posted By:
cdare

COTW is very good, but you might also want to check out queenalice.com
#2 - 19 May 2008

Posted By:
cdare

COTW is very good, but you might also want to check out queenalice.com.

[Edited : 19 May 2008]
#2 - 19 May 2008

Posted By:
cdare

COTW is very good, but you might also want to check out *********.com.

[Mod : 19 May 2008]
#3 - 20 May 2008

Posted By:
zanboryaa

Quote of THE Day

"A single exposure(to COTW),is apt to make an addict of anyone with a sense of adventure."
#4 - 11 Jun 2008

Posted By:
ama ama

Thankss

But what does  (COTW) mean???!!!
#5 - 11 Jun 2008

Posted By:
Kirby Castle

COTW

Chess On The Web !!
#6 - 22 Jun 2008

Posted By:
woodpusher

COTW no comparison!

Value!  Correspondence Chess without any cost!  Everything you need and nothing you don't.

Most of the suggestions for improvements are important features in other sites which charge membership fees, and run on extensive advertising.

As time passes, I"m pretty certain StoneyX will introduce most of these on a priority basis.  Thanks Stoney.
#7 - 16 Aug 2008

Posted By:
al_Faaris

Hi
Just joined.

This site is a rare one.  i'm a member of one with 200 players.  These are the only 2 small ones i've found.  It feels pointless playing against strangers.

Might I suggest you re-list your player list by rating.  It gives a sense of order and encourages us to measure & improve ourselves
#8 - 16 Aug 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

alFaaris,

The list of players can be sorted by clicking on the column headings, except the first two columns (# and Player Name). There is a "Find Me" link that will jump to the page that you appear on.

Regards
#9 - 20 Aug 2008

Posted By:
Jevgenij

thts right

completely agree with you Chunga.
this is a great place . It has everything we need- tournaments,private chalenges ,independant games and even forums and the best  thing is Rating , I think.this is too good to be true. :)
Page: 1