Register

Thread - COTW private league

Page: 1 | 2
Jump to:
#1 - 21 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

COTW private league

As some may know there is an ongoing private league with msolani,yorash,charles,myself,tony brown,felix, rob and devil the bother. It is almost comeing to an end and as this one has been very succesful with all players participating we are going to set up another.

Instead of messaging here we will keep all the players updated with tables and next round matches,
so if anyone would like to join please pm me or leave a post here with your name.
Thanks and good luck.

Derek.
#1 - 21 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

COTW private league

As some may know there is an ongoing private league with msolani,yorash,charles,myself,tony brown,felix, rob and devil the bother. It is almost comeing to an end and as this one has been very succesful with all players participating we are going to set up another.

Instead of messaging here we will keep all the players updated with tables and next round matches through email.

so if anyone would like to join please pm me or leave a post here with your name.
Thanks and good luck.

Derek.

[Edited : 21 Jun 2008]
#1 - 21 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

COTW private league

It will be a round robin league and also a knockout will be put in half way through.

Instead of messaging here we will keep all the players updated with tables and next round matches through email.

Thanks and good luck.

Derek.

[Edited : 23 Jun 2008]
#1 - 21 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

COTW private league

As some may know there is an ongoing private league with msolani,yorash,charles,myself,tony brown,felix, rob and devil the bother. It is almost coming to an end and as this one has been very succesful with all players participating we are going to set up another.

It will be a round robin league and also a knockout will be put in half way through.

Thanks and good luck.

Derek.

[Edited : 23 Jun 2008]
#2 - 23 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

private tourney

jevgenij,foamy,goldie,hotdog so far.  four more would be enough but all are welcome to.
#3 - 24 Jun 2008

Posted By:
bryce

Private tourney

thanks for the invite Derek...count me in!
#4 - 27 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

private tourney

Thankd bryce thats 5 we need 3 more. anyone interested?
#4 - 27 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

private tourney

Thanks bryce thats 5 we need 3 more. anyone interested?

[Edited : 27 Jun 2008]
#5 - 28 Jun 2008

Posted By:
Chunga

privat tourneys

Hi Derek. Are these 2/7 days games?
#6 - 28 Jun 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

P.T

chunga,
hi it will be 2/7 days yes. its easier for everyone and therefore if someone fails to move you dont need to wait the 14 days to claim a timeout. We will try to get it on as fast as we can so yep when everyone is finished we start next round however what we are doing in the current one is if a player is taking a life time to move we will just go on to next round matches and there games will go up.
cheers
#7 - 30 Jun 2008

Posted By:
fritz

I am interested to join in the tournament.Please count me as well
#7 - 30 Jun 2008

Posted By:
fritz

I dont know anything about this private league. But Still I am interested to join in the tournament.Please count me as well

[Edited : 30 Jun 2008]
#8 - 1 Jul 2008

Posted By:
Chunga

p/t

How are these private tourneys different to the set tourneys on COTW? Who's keeping tab on the whole thing? Why go outside COTW? Why bother?
 All these questions flooding the minds of young and impressionable chess playing  individuals of today. Please enlighten those dark recesses.
#9 - 1 Jul 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

This is just a friendly game for 8 players to have a little compition between themselves. The one that is going on now between the players i sed is very good and we want to continue this after it is done. nothing what so ever about cotw just a change from the usual. and we started this before tournaments were put in place so its been ongoing for a while.  Feel free to join if not then ok.
#10 - 4 Jul 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

3 more

Thats fritz pulled out for personal reasons. so we need 3 more again.
chunga do you want to join?
and anyone else please leave your name.
thanks
Page: 1 | 2