Register

Thread - Web Browsers - IE, Firefox, Chrome

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 3 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

Web Browsers - IE, Firefox, Chrome

Chess On The Web is currently tested using IE (ver 6 and 7) and Firefox. As Google have recently launched their own web browser, Chrome, I've done a few tests to check the functioning of this website in this new browser. All appears fine except for the display of the borders around the  boxes. This is just a minor formatting issue so I won't be fixing this just yet.

As some of you are aware Chess On The Web is undergoing a re-write. This will result is a radical change to the underlying processes but not to the basic look a feel of the site. Having already checked IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, I'm confident all the minor formatting bugs will be resolved. However, if you spot anything that doesn't work correctly, please drop me a note.

Regards
#1 - 3 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

Chess On The Web is currently tested using IE (ver 6 and 7) and Firefox. As Google have recently launched their own web browser, Chrome, I've done a few tests to check the functioning of this website in this new browser. All appears fine except for the display of the borders around the  boxes. This is just a minor formatting issue so I won't be fixing this just yet.

As some of you are aware Chess On The Web is undergoing a re-write. This will result in a radical change to the underlying processes but not to the basic look a feel of the site. Having already checked IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, I'm confident all the minor formatting bugs will be resolved. However, if you spot anything that doesn't work correctly, please drop me a note.

Regards

[Edited : 3 Sep 2008]
#1 - 3 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

As some of you are aware Chess On The Web is undergoing a re-write. This will result in a radical change to the underlying processes but not to the basic look a feel of the site. Having already checked IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, I'm confident all the minor formatting bugs will be resolved. However, if you spot anything that doesn't work correctly, please drop me a note at admin@chessontheweb.com

Regards

#1 - 3 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

As some of you are aware Chess On The Web is undergoing a re-write. This will result in a radical change to the underlying processes but not to the basic look and feel of the site. Having already checked IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, I'm confident all the minor formatting bugs will be resolved. However, if you spot anything that doesn't work correctly, please drop me a note at admin@chessontheweb.com

Regards

#2 - 5 Sep 2008

Posted By:
woodpusher

Web Browsers

I'm using the latest upgrade of Firefox.  If there are any enhancements you want me to check, just let me know.   So far, it all looks and feels the same.

Regards.
WP
#3 - 12 Sep 2008

Posted By:
The vulture

Checked

Hi Stoney
Nice to see you are working very hard.......
Keep up the good work..........
I have also checked the site with the latest update of firefox,
all seems ok.
I do not want to pester you but I wanted to tell you that I have seen that we are using ++ sign for checkmate....
The correct sign for checkmate is # and ++ is for double check...
Kindly correct the signs.........
I also wanted to ask whether you are planning to have some interactive sessions with GMs, IMs or players who are famous
so that we might games with them and might be able to learn from them.For eg-We may see the games of the recent Bilbao chess tournament.........

Regards,
The vulture
#4 - 12 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

The sign for checmate will be changed at some point.

No plans for interactive sessions.

Regards
#5 - 14 Nov 2009

Posted By:
shalimar

google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier
#6 - 21 Dec 2010

Posted By:
daevon

Opera

Very few people here are using this outstanding piece of software. After 10+ yrs of usage I know nothing else :)
COW works perfect to me so far [Opera 9.52]
Page: 1