Register

Thread - Drawn Games

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 24 Nov 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

Drawn Games

While this website doesn't allow players to force a draw if the threefold repetition rule or the 50 move rule are met, it's certainly my hope that all players will gratiously accept draws under these conditions. Nobody sets out in a game with the intention of playing for a draw, but it is certainly a way to avoid defeat, and when playing a tournament could give the vital point to progress.

At some point in the not too distance future the site will change to enforce these rules. Until then it's up to the players to agree on draws, up to the point where a *drawn* game is holding up a tournament of course. Under these conditions I will be willing step in a force a draw.

Regards
#1 - 24 Nov 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

Drawn Games

While this website doesn't allow players to force a draw if the threefold repetition rule or the 50 move rule are met, it's certainly my hope that all players will gratiously accept draws under these conditions. Nobody sets out in a game with the intention of playing for a draw, but it is certainly a way to avoid defeat, and when playing a tournament could give the vital point to progress.

At some point in the not too distance future the site will change to enforce these rules. Until then it's up to the players to agree on draws, up to the point where a *drawn* game is holding up a tournament of course. Under these conditions I will be willing step in to force a draw.

Regards

[Edited : 24 Nov 2008]
#2 - 24 Nov 2008

Posted By:
Kirby Castle

DRAWN GAMES

I am disappointed you have had to make such announcement Stoney X given that these are such well known rules. I agree that we all start a game to win, but the next best is a draw.

Fellow chess players, surely this enhancement is low on priorities, when we would all like a "scratchpad" /  "vacation flag" "tournaments according to ratings" " ratings for new games" etc etc....... Something that adds to our enjoyment of playing a game of chess.
#3 - 25 Nov 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

This problem goes all the way back between me and you stoney. So all i have to say is some players do intend to play for draw before game starts no matter what anyone says. I can see this in the moves they make. Everyone should know that this is about my game with argos instead of making snidey comments. Once the rule is in place it will be best for everyone but its not yet. As for stepping in by all means ruin our game because this is not about draws this is all about a year ago and i will say no futher peace to any messages or forums apart from the players i have made friends with on here as i feel this will be best option. So carry on with what your going to do.

Regards
#3 - 25 Nov 2008

Posted By:
hotdog

[Mod : 25 Nov 2008]
Comments removed
#4 - 25 Nov 2008

Posted By:
Kirby Castle

Drawn Games

I have never known anyone to start a game with the intention to draw. Firstly, you play to win, if you cannot win, the next best is to draw. Repetition of moves (times 3) is a standard rule and by not accepting it (because the computer programme does not register it) is ungentlemanly / unsporting (if your opponent has asked for a draw under these circumstances).

I had a very similar game earlier in the year with you Hotdog, we made 36 identical moves, why because you would not accept a draw, when I could not win and the next best (for me) was a draw and unless I made any other move then the one I was making you would win. I have looked at your game with argos,you have both made the same move 12 times, because you will not accept a draw, now who is ruining the game ? There also seems to be a common theme here.
Page: 1