Register

Thread - Perhaps it's my age?

Page: 1 | 2
Jump to:
#11 - 20 Feb 2009

Posted By:
drip

The chunga wallah

Good on ya chunga.   I absolutely agree.   Anything they write is better than nothing.   It would be nice if the forums were used more frequently too, makes the whole thing more matey, right?  You're just a year older than my wife, but I've got two sons about your age and one a lot older.
#12 - 20 Feb 2009

Posted By:
Kirby Castle

Good Effort...

Drip, totally agree something is better than nothing. Maybe you should start a "history" thread.... you must have plenty of "stories" through the years and other could join in relating to other countries...
#12 - 20 Feb 2009

Posted By:
Kirby Castle

Good Effort...

Drip, totally agree something is better than nothing. Maybe you should start a "history" thread.... you must have plenty of "stories" through the years and others could join in relating to the country/region they are from..

[Edited : 20 Feb 2009]
#13 - 21 Feb 2009

Posted By:
drip

Memories?

You mean something like, for instance I wonder who else on the site remembers seeing the Graf Zeppolin fly over London during the 1930s.   What's the graf Zeppolin? I hear them ask lol.
Or guess how many grandchildren I have, bearing in mind my four marriages?   This won't help find the answer but I have three great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandson.
#13 - 21 Feb 2009

Posted By:
drip

Memories?

You mean something like, for instance I wonder who else on the site remembers seeing the Graf Zeppolin fly over London during the 1930s.   What's the graf Zeppolin? I hear them ask lol.
Or guess how many grandchildren I have, bearing in mind my four marriages?   This won't help find the answer but I have three great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandson.
As a matter of fact it was because six of my grandchildren asked me to teach them the chess moves that I decided it was time I tried to play the game properly.  That led me to this site I am pleased to say.

[Edited : 21 Feb 2009]
#14 - 2 Mar 2009

Posted By:
Kirby Castle

Graf Zeppelin

Hi Drip, its my turn to be pedantic, the correct spelling is Graf Zeppelin and was only in use for circa 10 years, I believe it made an appearance in one of the Indiana Jones films!!!
#15 - 3 Mar 2009

Posted By:
drip

Touché !   You mean a copy of it of course?   The original went up in smoke I believe.
#16 - 4 Mar 2009

Posted By:
jvila

Zeppelin

No, no! Its real name was LED ZEPPELIN, ant it went up in smoke in 1980.
#17 - 4 Mar 2009

Posted By:
drip

Good one, Go to the top of the class, but not good enough to start a new thread, I think.   Pop lovers may join in but me? I am still a fan of Jolson, Crosby and Sinatra.
#18 - 5 Mar 2009

Posted By:
Chunga

Zep

I've seen a lot of pop acts inc. Dylan, Stones, Van Morrison, Bowie, Neil Young, but nothing compares with having seen Led Zeppelin performing all on their own. Not sure if the acid enhanced it. But maybe I'm remeniscing.
#19 - 19 Apr 2009

Posted By:
chesswarrior

I have updated my profile. I have told something more about myself.
Page: 1 | 2