Login / Register

Player Name:

Password:

Forgot your Password?

Register

Thread - problems and errors in chess site (CLOSED)

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 21 Sep 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

problems and errors in chess site

dear stoney
it has been commendable work by you till now to create such a site which helps you both to enjoy and learn about once of the most popular games in the world. But I have noticed several flaws in the site-
1.the sign of double check is ++ and the sign of checkmate is#.but the sign of checkmate is written as ++ in the pgn box.
kindly replace....
2.the system of perpetual draw has not been initiated.
there should be a system of claiming draws in such cases for the player.
3.the system of time control is extremely difficult to understand.Can you guide me in this topic?
4.I think that you should invite strong IMs,GMs and other 2300 elo+ players to have exhibition matches on the site.
It will help us to both increase our strength and realise that why a GM really is a GM.
5.I have observed that there are various chess sites having a system of teams,where different teams compete with each other.....Are you planning to integrate this feature......
6.are you planning to have real time games on this site???
it might be a good idea...
we can have different ratings for different kinds of games like:lightning,blitz,correspondence and rapid also......
7.the players list must have options like arrange according to ratings(the games of higher rated players must also be put on the homepage.....)..
this might be a good feature for improving the games..
i hope that you will agree with my suggestions and implement even some of them...i am telling you as i have played on various sites and also have a fide rating of 1822.

heartiest regards and thanks for making such a brilliant site for chess enthusiasts like us....

SK
#2 - 21 Sep 2009

Posted By:
Chunga

There certainly seem to be a lot of problems on this site. But........1822. That's very impressive. What do you think about that Mncedisi?
#3 - 22 Sep 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

blunders

chunga,
i think that mncedisi must be around 1600s
but even 182 can make mistakes and blunders as in my game with  mncedisi.....why dont you play some games with me??
#3 - 22 Sep 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

blunders

chunga,
i think that mncedisi must be around 1600s
but even 1822 can make mistakes and blunders as in my game with  mncedisi.....why dont you play some games with me??

[Edited : 22 Sep 2009]
#4 - 22 Sep 2009

Posted By:
Stoney X

FIDE RATED,

Thank you for your comments. Many of the points you raise are already on my list of things-to-do.

Note on #7 - Click on the column heading on the player page. Apart from player name and #, all the columns are sortable. Your position on the list is displayed, and clicking on your line positions the list on the page you appear on.

Regards
#5 - 23 Sep 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

dear stoney
your answer is too vague.....
i wished to ask you whether you are really working on point 4,5 and 6.....
and you didnt answer me on point no. 3??????

regards,
fide rated
#6 - 23 Sep 2009

Posted By:
Chunga

Dear Mr. Fide Rated. Maybe I can be of some help to you. On #2, Stoney has mentioned on several occassions that it will be included in the new format. #3 is explained in the FAQ sections and is a very easy to understand and fair system. It may be that the other questions re. symbols for mate etc. and the guests GM etc could be possibly regarded and inconsequential. No offence intended but there are more important issues to resolve prior to that stage. On the positive side, as our friend WP once so succintly put it, this site 'has everything we need and nothing we don't '. All the best. C.
#7 - 23 Sep 2009

Posted By:
Stoney X

Thanks for the comments chunga.

Regards
Page: 1