Login / Register

Player Name:

Password:

Forgot your Password?

Register

Thread - crashing of mozilla firefox........

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 5 Dec 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

crashing of mozilla firefox........

Dear stoney,
Whenever I open chessontheweb.com using my mozilla firefox browser,it crashes within 10-15 minutes......
Is there a problem with the site or with my browser or computer????It happens that Mozilla crash reporter opens everytime after my mozilla closes involuntarily........
Please tell me the reason which could be behind the problem.......

Regards,
SK
#2 - 5 Dec 2009

Posted By:
Stoney X

FIDE RATED,

I use mozilla firefox myself when testing and using the site. I haven't come across this issue. What operating system and version of mozilla are you using?

Regards
#3 - 5 Dec 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

software counterfeiting

well,
Ive got windows XP and firefox5.2, I believe...........
There is another matter,
My computer is showing that i am a victim of software counterfeiting- is that related to the problems...........
SK
#4 - 5 Dec 2009

Posted By:
jayjay

Hi FIDE RATED,

It could be any number of things...

If you are running a dodgy copy of Windows then malware would be the first place I would look. The sites from which counterfeit copies are obtained and, more to the point, the rogues who upload them, are notorious for infecting PCs with all sorts of rubbish. If you frequent and download from these sites I would run a scan for any infections first; if you have any get rid of them and then make sure you have adequate antivirus protection in future.

Does your Firefox only crash with COTW?If so you could upgrade to the latest version 3.5.5 and see if this helps.

You could try a different browser; the site works well with all the ones I have tried from time to time...IE (32 + 64), Opera and Chrome but Firefox is my favourite and I've never had a problem.

Another option is to copy and paste your crash report into a Google search, follow a few links and read what the Mozilla and/or tech forums have to say;somebody out there will have had this problem at one time or another and it might be something as simple as your settings needing an adjustment. (Plus point here is you will learn a lot about troubleshooting your computer-if you have the time it's worth it).

Or it could be the condition of your PC.....it may be running too hot;you may have obsolete or non-existent drivers; your HDD may be full; some of your hardware may be going wonky.......like I say it could be anything.....

These are just a few things off the top of my head.....

All The Best, jayjay.

#5 - 5 Dec 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

thanks.......

WELL ,
thanks jayjay.......
Well I had an original copy of Windows XP but over the last few days since the message of software counterfeiting has appeared
my problems have erupted......I elieve i will have to reformat my computer.
Well,my firefox crashes only with COTW when I am mostly on the GAMES page.........
I will upload the new version soon, but I dont think there is a problem with the version or any hardware........
There is a problem only with software counterfeiting.............

Regards,
SK
#5 - 5 Dec 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

thanks.......

WELL ,
thanks jayjay.......
Well I had an original copy of Windows XP but over the last few days since the message of software counterfeiting has appeared
my problems have erupted......I Believe i will have to reformat my computer.
Well,my firefox crashes only with COTW when I am mostly on the GAMES page.........
I will upload the new version soon, but I dont think there is a problem with the version or any hardware........
There is a problem only with software counterfeiting.............

Regards,
SK

[Edited : 5 Dec 2009]
#6 - 7 Dec 2009

Posted By:
Stoney X

The "My Games" and "Games" pages do have an automatic refresh action. It could be this that is triggering your crash. But, saying that, this is a standard browser function that shouldn't have this affect. I suspect something on your end is not quite right.

Regards
Page: 1