Register

Thread - Latest Updates

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 10 Dec 2010

Posted By:
Stoney X

Latest Updates

I can't believe it's almost another year gone and I'm still busy with the re-write of the website. Not wanting to bore you with the details, but there has been so much going on with other work that I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would have liked to completing the re-write.

Quick summary on what's left to do: Games page needs a bit more formatting and testing, Tournaments pages still need to be re-worked and the left-hand menu needs tweaking. So the vast majority of the re-write is complete. But I'm not going to hazard a guess on how long the final pieces will take to complete because all previous guesses were wrong!

In case you haven't seen this, click on the link below to see what the new format looks like.

http://www.chessontheweb.com/img/cotw_new_look.jpg

Regards
#2 - 15 Dec 2010

Posted By:
redketchuplover

is...

intergame messaging part of this or future improvements? tia
#3 - 16 Dec 2010

Posted By:
Stoney X

Part of future improvements.
#4 - 28 Apr 2011

Posted By:
Stoney X

Almost there.....

The light at the end of the tunnel is real.... I'm finally putting the finishing touches on the last page to be re-written for the site overhaul. I had hoped to switch to the new release over Easter, but didn't quite make it. Isn't that always the case with software development? ;-)  I'm resisting the temptation to rush the final testing, but this really needs to be done thoroughly.... bear with me a little longer.

While the entire infrastructure of the website has been re-written, from the outside the site wouldn't appear much different. But what will happen is future changes will appear much quicker. Top of the list is a ranking graph on the player profile page and some sort of a vacation flag. I know the wish list is long.

Regards
#5 - 29 Apr 2011

Posted By:
redketchuplover

How many elves do you have?
#6 - 30 Apr 2011

Posted By:
Stoney X

None. They all left.
#7 - 21 Jun 2011

Posted By:
Stoney X

Coding complete

I'm looking at doing the site upgrade over the weekend of the 2nd/3rd July. Expect the site to be unavailable for a few hours over that weekend while the web server and database are off-line.

Regards
Page: 1