Register

Thread - adjourn games

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 25 Jul 2008

Posted By:
Jason_Farnsworth

adjourn games

Is there any way to adjourn games?  I have a trip I must make where I will not have access to the internet but I'd hate to lose all my games because of it.
#2 - 25 Jul 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

What you are referring to is a "vacation flag" so your opponent will know that you are away. This funcationality will only be added after the current re-write of the web site is complete.

Tounament games will be automatically timed out, but for non-tournament games you could messages your opponents asking them to not claim a timeout.

Regards
#3 - 28 Jul 2008

Posted By:
woodpusher

Jason

If you have a laptop with a wireless network adapter, you will find WiFi spots all over, and other unpublicized connections.  I understand that Staples stores networks can be accessed from their parking areas.  Most hotels have Wireless internet, which can be accessed by guests and non-guests alike, as long as you are close enough.

If you don't have a laptop, many hotels have computers in their lobby for guest to access the internet.  Most public libraries in the US and Canada also have internet connected computers, and many have WiFi.   You could also go into most any electronics shop which sells computers, and ask to use one, play  your moves and thank them.  Even Blockbuster Video has computers to access their online services, and no one has ever asked what I'm doing when I use one.

I hope this helps, and you don't think me presumptuous in thinking you might have overlooked one or more of these resources.

Outside of the US and Canada, I don't know much of what resources are available to the public.  I hope this helps with your  problem.

Regards,
WP
#4 - 18 Aug 2008

Posted By:
goldie

adlourn games

sorry to pester you, i know that this feature (holiday/vacation) will be available in the near future but do you have a rough inclination as to when it will be a set feature?

cheers

goldie

#5 - 19 Aug 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

goldie,

Sorry, no fixed date yet.

Regards
#6 - 15 May 2009

Posted By:
drip

Holiday

Well I am going on holiday for a week and hoping that the three opponemts that I am playing at the moment will read this and have patience to wait until I return.
#7 - 31 Jul 2009

Posted By:
Chunga

vacations

Hi Stoney.
 I appreciate that I was originally against the vacation feature; writing something about not starting games if you hadn't the time to finish. However, the reality is that with tournemants forming almost 100% of my games, it is easy for games to continue to pile up for many months as one part of a tourney finishes and another starts.
It has now been 1 year since you mentioned that you would be introducing the vacation feature and nothing further has been mentioned.
 I am planning to go away for a couple of weeks in October and will not be able to afford the luxury of a pc in that time. Have you any updates on this issue?
#8 - 1 Aug 2009

Posted By:
Stoney X

How time flies! I'm still doing the re-write. Seems to be taking forever.... but it will get there. Only once that is done will I be adding more functionality.

Regards
#9 - 3 Oct 2009

Posted By:
lancelot

And Jason . . . how about going to an agreement you and your opponents and forgetting about the vacation flag?
Page: 1