Register

Thread - Disambiguation

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 22 Dec 2008

Posted By:
Ferdyrojo

Disambiguation

First, the PGN of the games is ambiguous, I have found on transcribing my games to a padnote sheet. According to the PGN standards, there must be a disambiguation process implemented in the server's notation program.

Second, the auto refresh period is too short as it bothers the transcription of games.

Kind regards,
Ferdyrojo.
#1 - 22 Dec 2008

Posted By:
Ferdyrojo

Disambiguation

First, the PGN of the games is ambiguous, I have found on transcribing my games into a notebook. According to the PGN standards, there must be a disambiguation process implemented in the server's notation program.

Second, the auto refresh period is too short as it bothers the transcription of games.

Can you fix these bugs?

Kind regards,
Ferdyrojo.

[Edited : 22 Dec 2008]
#2 - 24 Dec 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

I'm aware of a few issues with regards to PGN. These will be addressed in the future.

I know I'm starting to sound a bit like a broke record, but the site is undergoing a re-write, and when that is complete these bugs/issues will then be looked at.The re-write involves how the back end of the web site works, not the front end.

Regards
#3 - 24 Dec 2008

Posted By:
AaLFâ„¢

Ah-ha.  Come on!!  You're fakin' it, Stoney.  You haven't got a clue what 'Disambiguation' means either.
#4 - 25 Dec 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

Disambiguation = To be confused about how the forum banning process works...  :-)

Regards
#4 - 25 Dec 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

Disambiguation = To be made clear about how the forum banning process works...  :-)

Regards

[Edited : 25 Dec 2008]
#5 - 30 Dec 2008

Posted By:
KEIRW

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your back end Stoney. Your front end looks great from where I'm standing!
#6 - 30 Dec 2008

Posted By:
Stoney X

I seems to have collected a few chess-playing comedians together  :-)  

Back end issues aside.... when the re-write is complete a few cosmetic tweaks to the front-end will be apparent. If you want to spoil the surprise and not wait for however many months it's going to take to complete, have a look at this sneak preview...

http://www.chessontheweb.com/img/cotw_new_look.jpg

This is just a static image, so don't complain that it doesn't do anything!

Regards
#7 - 27 Jul 2009

Posted By:
michael bigdeli

me to chess

come on///
#8 - 30 Oct 2010

Posted By:
dukeforchess

chess

i play you about 2 years ago
Page: 1