Register

Thread - Best Site against Cheating?

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 14 Sep 2008

Posted By:
zanboryaa

Best Site against Cheating?

For correspondence online play,which internet chess site has the Best protection against players using computers to cheat??,anyone has personal experience with detecting online cheaters,how about leaving a comment...
#2 - 15 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Windmill

Cheats

I dont care that much about cheats but then Im not a top player so hey. Among other things I think some chess sites can take it a little too far creating an environment of fear where the enjoyment of chess loses its fun.
#3 - 18 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Windmill

Cheats

My understanding is a high-ranking user gets assigned the job of moderator. The community then directs their complaints of suspected cheaters to the mod where their games get matched up against moves a computer will play. Basically it is only as good as the community..

I played a bit at redhotpwn where their top player Ironman31 was banned for cheating and created quite a stir. As I understand.. he/she then moved on to gameknot where they quickly became the top player there.

I guess you need incentive to cheat. Such as a pestigious top players page, tournaments that get written on yer homepage, forums with meaning etc etc. LOL.. This site would have the best protection.
#3 - 18 Sep 2008

Posted By:
Windmill

Cheats

My understanding is a high-ranking user gets assigned the job of moderator. The community then directs their complaints of suspected cheaters to the mod where their games get matched up against moves a computer will play. Basically it is only as good as the community..

I played a bit at redhotpawn where their top player Ironman31 was banned for cheating and created quite a stir. As I understand.. he/she then moved on to gameknot where they quickly became the top player there.

I guess you need incentive to cheat. Such as a pestigious top players page, tournaments that get written on yer homepage, forums with meaning etc etc. LOL.. This site would have the best protection.

[Edited : 18 Sep 2008]
#4 - 25 Sep 2009

Posted By:
lancelot

That is quite a  problem. . . a moral problem.

If we are playing for entertainment or knowledge, what is the sense of cheating?

If the cheater is a novice and cheats in order to balance his opponent. . . he/she lacks personality. . . should not be in any cultural and/or sport like event.

If he/she is a veteran (something like a GM) and likes to cheat. . . well ¡congratulations champion! Don´t envy his/her personality. In the sports world that is to be a rat.
#5 - 26 Sep 2009

Posted By:
Chunga

In the end, winning by cheating is a hollow victory. The cheat may(?) be able to fool  opponents but can never fool him/herself. It is a pity if a site is tainted by having this kind of problem and energy needs to be expended to eradicate it. I have never noticed this on COTW.
#6 - 26 Sep 2009

Posted By:
FIDE RATED

cheating is useless

Cheating is useless as it can take you up to a certain level..
You can be the best player of your site but youll never be able
to improve.....
And your overall tournament rating will not increase..........
And if you cheat in a tournament, youll be debarred for at least 10 years........ex:Omakanth Mishra -India

SK  
Page: 1