Register

Thread - Brilliant game

Page: 1
Jump to:
#1 - 7 Apr 2010

Posted By:
sk1439

Brilliant game

I was absolutely awed after seeing this wonderful game . I hope you enjoy it too

IM HANS BOHM vs GM ROMAN HERNANDEZ

1.e4 e5 (King pawn game) 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6(Ruy Lopez) 4. Bxc6 dxc6( Exchange variation of Ruy Lopez) 5.O-O Bb5(Pinning the f3 knight)6.h3 (Questioning the bishop) h5!! (Brilliant. Black goes for an attacking game. Note that hxg4 is a blunder as after 7.hxg3?? hxg3 8.Nxe5 Qh4!! 9.f4 g3!! Leads to inevitable mate on the h1 square. White sees this and plays the best move....)7.d3! (The best move. Note that the Knight on b1 has to support the knight on f3 by moving on d2. The bishop will also go to e3. So 7.Nc3 is a mistake.) 7...Qf6!( Piling up on th e pinned piece with further prospects of attacking down the g and h file.A brilliant strategical move.)
8.Be3 Ne7(White sticks to his plan. Whereas black plans to move his knight from e7-g6-f4 into the attacking area....
Remember: putting the pieces in the attacking area is essential for a successful attack........)9.Nbe2 Ng6(Both sides playing planned moves)10.hxg4??( A blunder- White should have played 10.Re1! where his plan would have been Nf1-hxg4 where hxg4 by black would have allowed Nh2. Now black plays in marvellous style.) 10...hxg4 11.Ng5(So this was white's plan.Unfortunately for Old Hans,he overlooked a brilliancy........)11...Nf4!( Good! Black cannot play Bxf4 because exf4 would trap his knight and the attack would continue. He decides to take the hanging g4 pawn....)12.Qxg4?
Qxg5!!( Brilliant- Black cannot play QXQ as Ne2 is both check and MATE! Also, Now 13. Qf3 leads to the happy 13....Qxg2+!!14.Qxg2 and Ne2 mate.SO, WHITE RESIGNED)

0-1

#1 - 7 Apr 2010

Posted By:
sk1439

Brilliant game

I was absolutely awed after seeing this wonderful game . I hope you enjoy it too

IM HANS BOHM vs GM ROMAN HERNANDEZ

1.e4 e5 (King pawn game) 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6(Ruy Lopez) 4. Bxc6 dxc6( Exchange variation of Ruy Lopez) 5.O-O Bg4(Pinning the f3 knight)6.h3 (Questioning the bishop) h5!! (Brilliant. Black goes for an attacking game. Note that hxg4 is a blunder as after 7.hxg3?? hxg3 8.Nxe5 Qh4!! 9.f4 g3!! Leads to inevitable mate on the h1 square. White sees this and plays the best move....)7.d3! (The best move. Note that the Knight on b1 has to support the knight on f3 by moving on d2. The bishop will also go to e3. So 7.Nc3 is a mistake.) 7...Qf6!( Piling up on th e pinned piece with further prospects of attacking down the g and h file.A brilliant strategical move.)
8.Be3 Ne7(White sticks to his plan. Whereas black plans to move his knight from e7-g6-f4 into the attacking area....
Remember: putting the pieces in the attacking area is essential for a successful attack........)9.Nbe2 Ng6(Both sides playing planned moves)10.hxg4??( A blunder- White should have played 10.Re1! where his plan would have been Nf1-hxg4 where hxg4 by black would have allowed Nh2. Now black plays in marvellous style.) 10...hxg4 11.Ng5(So this was white's plan.Unfortunately for Old Hans,he overlooked a brilliancy........)11...Nf4!( Good! Black cannot play Bxf4 because exf4 would trap his knight and the attack would continue. He decides to take the hanging g4 pawn....)12.Qxg4?
Qxg5!!( Brilliant- Black cannot play QXQ as Ne2 is both check and MATE! Also, Now 13. Qf3 leads to the happy 13....Qxg2+!!14.Qxg2 and Ne2 mate.SO, WHITE RESIGNED)

0-1

[Edited : 7 Apr 2010]
#2 - 19 Apr 2010

Posted By:
zanboryaa

Brilliant game

Really,I've enjoyed playing this game,was it a Blitz game?!...
#3 - 20 Apr 2010

Posted By:
sk1439

amsterdam

Not at all Zanboryaa,
This was played in The Amsterdam Tournament  in 1979....
A game between two top positional players of Europe........

Regards,
sk1439
Page: 1